Food Vendors - Expressions of Interest 2019/20 season
Burswood Park Board is currently seeking expressions of interest from food vendors willing to provide services to general park users throughout the year.
At this time, we are seeking the services of an ice cream truck and coffee van, or a combination of both, to provide quality product offerings for the 2019/20 season on weekends, school holidays, public holidays and other days as negotiated.
How to Apply
Potential vendors are required to read the Vendor Information Pack including the selection criteria and terms and conditions of trade prior to submitting an application. If you are satisfied you can meet the requirements, then:
- Complete the Food Vendor Expression of Interest Form.
- Vendors who have successfully met the selection criteria and terms and conditions will be invited to provide a sample of their product range at the Burswood Park Board office on Tuesday 17 September 2019.
- The vendor/s who best meet the selection criteria and are deemed to offer the best quality, taste and value for money will be selected to provide the service.
- A certificate of currency for public liability insurance ($10m minimum)
- Evidence of food registration with the relevant Local Government Authority (LGA)
- A copy of a recent inspection report (within 6 months) from the relevant LGA
- Hold, or be willing to obtain, an annual permit to trade from the Town of Victoria Park
- Able to attend Burswood Park Board offices on Tuesday 17 September 2019 for taste testing (shortlisted vendors only).
- Current menu
- Images of the van/truck
Applicants will be shortlisted on four criteria including.
- Product offering - quality products, servicing a diverse customer group, with offerings at various price points, healthy options
- Presentation - exceptional presentation of the vehicle and staff
- Sustainability practices - alternatives to single use plastic and polystyrene
- Fairest fees payable - vendors should submit their best fee structure for consideration. For example, a flat fee per day of trading, a percentage of takings per day, or an annual flat fee, regardless of the number of operating days.
11 September 2019 - Expressions of interest close
12 September 2019 - Shortlisted vendors notified
17 September 2019 - Sample testing conducted
19 September 2019 - Successful vendors notified
28 September 2019 - Start date
Vendor Information Pack
Expression of Interest Form