Host your wedding ceremony at Burswood Park
Located in a picturesque area of Burswood Park, the Swan Shell is a graceful, curved structure designed to reflect the movement of a swan in flight. Surrounded by spacious and leafy parklands, gardens and water features, it is a popular venue for wedding ceremonies and photography sessions and is always heavily booked.
If you’re considering hosting your wedding at the Swan Shell, please be mindful of the conditions of hire:
- The Swan Shell can be used only for wedding ceremonies, not wedding receptions.
- Bookings are essential and free of charge. It is a popular venue, so we recommend booking well in advance.
- Bookings are made in two-hour blocks only (including set up and pack down).
- Please note:
- bookings for March-August can only be made once AFL matches at Optus Stadium have been confirmed (usually end of October of the prior year);
- bookings for September will be accepted at your own risk - the AFL finals schedule will be determined week-to-week and necessary road closures may impact your wedding.
- Vehicles, including wedding party vehicles, can only park/stop in designated car parks and cannot access the lawn.
- No structures are permitted to be installed (e.g. marquees/stages/pergolas).
- Other required infrastructure (chairs/tables) must be limited to that which can be carried in and out within the two hour window, and does not damage the turf.
- Decorations must not be hung from, or attached to any structures, trees or signs.
- Power is not provided, however the use of a portable, battery operated PA system is permitted.
- The throwing of rice and confetti is not permitted.
- Balloons are not permitted.
To confirm if the Swan Shell is available for your special day, call us today.