Host your wedding at Burswood Park
Located in a picturesque area of Burswood Park, the Swan Shell is a graceful, curved structure designed to reflect the movement of a swan in flight. Surrounded by spacious and leafy parklands, gardens and water features, it is a popular venue for wedding ceremonies and photography sessions and is always heavily booked.
PLEASE NOTE: NO BOOKINGS CAN BE ACCEPTED FROM 6 APRIL TO 8 MAY 2020 or 25 MAY TO 3 JUNE 2020.
If you’re considering hosting your wedding at the Swan Shell, please be mindful of the conditions of hire:
- Bookings are essential. It is a popular venue, so we recommend booking well in advance.
- Please note:
- bookings for March-August can only be made once AFL matches at Optus Stadium have been confirmed (usually end of October of the prior year);
- bookings for September will be accepted at your own risk - the AFL finals schedule will be determined week-to-week and necessary road closures may impact your wedding.
- Bookings are free of charge.
- Bookings are made in two-hour blocks only (including set up and pack down).
- A maximum of 8 chairs and one table is permitted.
- Decorations must not be hung from, or attached to any structures, trees or signs.
- The Swan Shell can be used only for wedding ceremonies, not wedding receptions.
- Power is not provided, however the use of a portable, battery operated PA system is permitted.
- No structures are permitted to be installed (e.g. marquees).
- Vehicles, including wedding party vehicles, are not permitted to enter the park.
- The throwing of rice and confetti is not permitted.
- Balloons are not permitted.
To confirm if the Swan Shell is available for your special day, call us today.
Wedding booking form