25 March 2020 - Update
In line with government mandates, wedding ceremonies booked at the Swan Shell for the foreseeable future will be limited to five people (the couple, celebrant and witnesses). We will be in touch with those that have bookings in place for March-May initially to ensure they are aware of the requirements. If you have a ceremony booked for later in the year that you wish to postpone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule.
Host your wedding at Burswood Park
Located in a picturesque area of Burswood Park, the Swan Shell is a graceful, curved structure designed to reflect the movement of a swan in flight. Surrounded by spacious and leafy parklands, gardens and water features, it is a popular venue for wedding ceremonies and photography sessions and is always heavily booked.
PLEASE NOTE: NO BOOKINGS CAN BE ACCEPTED FROM 6 APRIL TO 8 MAY 2020 or 25 MAY TO 3 JUNE 2020.
If you’re considering hosting your wedding at the Swan Shell, please be mindful of the conditions of hire:
- Bookings are essential. It is a popular venue, so we recommend booking well in advance.
- Please note:
- bookings for March-August can only be made once AFL matches at Optus Stadium have been confirmed (usually end of October of the prior year);
- bookings for September will be accepted at your own risk - the AFL finals schedule will be determined week-to-week and necessary road closures may impact your wedding.
- Bookings are free of charge.
- Bookings are made in two-hour blocks only (including set up and pack down).
- A maximum of 8 chairs and one table is permitted.
- Decorations must not be hung from, or attached to any structures, trees or signs.
- The Swan Shell can be used only for wedding ceremonies, not wedding receptions.
- Power is not provided, however the use of a portable, battery operated PA system is permitted.
- No structures are permitted to be installed (e.g. marquees).
- Vehicles, including wedding party vehicles, are not permitted to enter the park.
- The throwing of rice and confetti is not permitted.
- Balloons are not permitted.
To confirm if the Swan Shell is available for your special day, call us today.
Wedding booking form